Starting with a deep respect for the immense and beautiful diversity of faith in our world, Yoga in the Park offers a simple yoga practice that honors the roots of yoga, and the Christian tradition. The practice is intended to help us all breathe a little more deeply, open our hearts a little more fully and to bring together our minds, souls, bodies (and hearts). ❤
You may be wondering a little more, so here’s what I can tell you about the deets of a typical YiP gathering.
- Me — Two years ago, after 20+ years as an avid yoga fan, I received my certification as a Yoga Teacher (200hr) with Yoga Alliance, and I guide our yoga practice together.
- You — Longtime and new friends throughout our Long Beach community seeking spiritual nourishment and Christian community
- Groups often include first-timers to yoga, longtime devotees, and everyone in between
- Almost everyone who tries it out once … returns next time
- Children and youth are welcome to gatherings. Please note that I will do my best to offer modifications to accommodate everyone, but I will need your help to best serve the littlest among us.
Where? Right now, we meet only outdoors in the fresh air with strict adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols include temp. checks & pre-screening questions; required face coverings; and 6′ distancing.
What? We have about 45-60 minutes of Level 1 yoga (with modifications for all levels). This includes a beginning and closing short prayer or meditative time. I am passionate about accompanying persons on their yoga journey and helping yoga be accessible to all persons, all abilities.
Hope that helps, friends. And hope to gather with you soon.
PS. And in case you are wondering? That is SO NOT ME in that photo! But it is a free photo of Natarajasana that we have the rights to, and is such a beautiful depiction.